STEPS for Letter Merging Offer or Appointment Letter.
- 1. Use Microsoft word or WPS writer application for Letters merging
- 2. Dynamic Fields which needs to be merged in the letter is shared in excel template
(Offer Letter, Appointment Letter)
- 3. Fields which are picked from Table 1 section are to be added in the below tag form explain with an example.
How to type the tag is also very simple. Go to Insert Menu --> Fields --> Merge Field
Example of Table 1 :
Start tag and End Tag is required before inserting the merged fields as shown in the example below.
Date: «TableStart:Other» «LetterDate» «TableEnd:Other»
Name: «TableStart:Other» «SalutationName» «CandidateName» «TableEnd:Other»
Address: «TableStart:Other» «CityName» «TableEnd:Other»
Reporting Manager : «TableStart:Other»«ReportingMgr»«TableEnd:Other»
Reporting Manager code : «TableStart:Other»«ReportingMgrDesignation»«TableEnd:Other»
Joining date tag for Appointment letter stage :-
i PresentAddress or PresentMobileNo: If these fields are used then we need to insert that in a table and remove the borders reason for doing this is if address for candidate is not entered in the application form then address lines to be trimmed from the letter so it needs to be inserted in a table as shown in below example
i If the merge fields are used in a paragraph then important point to be remembered is that merge fields from 2 different tables cannot be used in one paragraph. Solution to this is insert a table and remove the borders or press enter it will be considered as 2nd Paragraph.. For example shown below.
Enter is pressed and now there are 2 paragraphs:
This has reference to the Offer letter dated «TableStart:Other» «Letterdate» «TableEnd:Other» issued to you. We are pleased to appoint you on probation as «TableStart:Salary» “«Designation»”,
«TableEnd:Salary» on the following terms and conditions.
Table is used then remove the borders:
This has reference to the Offer letter dated «TableStart:Other» «Letterdate» «TableEnd:Other» issued to you. We are pleased to appoint you on probation as
«TableStart:Salary» “«Designation»”, «TableEnd:Salary» on the following terms and conditions.
Table for Miltilingur client who showcase Candidate name in Arabic or other language
i Even with Signature and Signature Image the fields should be added in a table without border. Shown in the example below.
i Every Start Tag should have End Tag if its a paragraph then Start of the paragraph and End of the paragraph.
This has reference to the Offer letter dated «Letterdate» issued to you. We are pleased to appoint you on probation as “«Designation»”, on the following terms and conditions.
i 2 different tables start and end cannot be used in a paragraph directly its explained above how to use it.
i If its used in a table then either we can add start and end tag in each cell or entire row or on the table start section and end section if all the fields belongs to same table then. Table names are shared below.
Salary fields configuration can be done in 2 ways.
- 1. Merging one to one payhead in the table or grouping the tables as per the category.
- a) Example one shows the one to one payhead merging.
- b) Example 2 shows the grouping wise merging.
Example : 1
SETUP CIRCLE --> COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- 1. Important points to be remembered while configuration
- a) Payheads which are active in the system will only be visible.
- b) New payheads when created needs to be mapped under the proper payhead category.
- c) Every payhead which is a part of salary fitment in recruitment its CTC / Visible property should be checked.
- d) Required properties for the payheads needs to be set by click on the properties window on each and every payhead.
- e) Calculation order should be properly given as it impact salary fitment of recruitment. (Those payheads which are dependent on other payhead the calculation order of payhead which is dependent should be first then on which payhead its used should be later. Example shown below.
- i. Like ESIC is 4.75% of Gross Amount then in this scenario Gross Amount order should be set prior to ESIC order. Gross Amount calculation order is 4 then ESIC should be greater than this as 5 or 6 etc.
- f) Calculation order should be unique cannot be repeated for other payheads once its assigned to one payhead.
- g) Editable property in salary fitment always to edit the value in Recruitment so Gross Amount, Balancing Figure Component, payheads which are showing sum / total of payheads should be strictly set to non editable.
- h) While creating a payhead if the name starts with word TOTAL then it will not be viewed in the configuration screen as we have avoided those payheads which starts from TOTAL in the screen.
- i) Payhead code should be such that while generating formula should not create problem.
- i. For Example : CTCEarnings and CTC 2 payheads as the name is similar then while using this in formula and when actual payhead code is replaced with amount creates errors. Like Value of CTCEarnings is 0 and CTC is 300000
- ii. Earnings A formula is for example CTCEarnings+CTC then replacing it with value it will be 30000Earnings + 30000 as CTC word is similar it replaces CTC amount in CTCearnings. Avoid using same names in payhead codes. For above example we can name it as EarningsCosttoCompany.