Before going through the FAQ we are requesting you to please refer below Sandwich rule and make sure which is configured.
a. Allow for deduct leave balances for holidays falling between leave days ?
- This includes the Holiday falling within the same Leave Type of Different leave application for which clubbing is enabled and it will include the holiday falls in the single leave application.
b. Allow for deduct leave balances for week offs falling between leave days ?
- This includes the Weekly off falling within the same Leave Type of Different leave application for which clubbing is enabled and it will include the holiday falls in the single leave application.
c. Allow for deduct leave balances for holidays and week offs falling between leave days for difference leave type ?
- If this rule will enabled then it will include the Weekly off / Holiday in the application where before / After of any weekly off/Holiday any other application done for the Other LeaveType which allowed for the clubbing.
- If this rule will be disabled then it will include the Weekly off / Holiday in the Application where before / After of any weekly off/Holiday any other application done for the same Leave Type which allowed for the clubbing.
d. Allow for deduct leave balance for prefixing holidays with this Leave Sub Type?
- This will include the Holidays falling before the leave application Start date.
e. Allow for deduct leave balance for prefixing week offs with this Leave Sub Type ?
- This will include the Weekly off falling before the leave application Start date.
f. Allow for deduct leave balance for suffixing holidays with this Leave Sub Type ?
- This will include the holiday falling after the leave application End Date.
g. Allow for Deduct leave balance for suffixing week offs with this Leave Sub Type ?
- This will include the Weekly off Falling after the Leave Application End Date.
h. Should include Weekly off and Holiday in half day (Currently available in backend)
- If this rule is enabled then it will include the weekly off if before weekly off halfday is available.
- If User required that in the case of Saturday halfday present and after then Sunday is Weekly off and on Monday if employee trying to apply the leave then only Sunday should be include in the sandwich.
A] Getting message Maximum / Minimum No. of Total leave day required is (X)
- We know that in the case of Maternity leave system will auto select end date based on Fromdate selection and as per that it will auto calculate the End Date (Not Total No of Leave Days).
- As mentioned in above point, system will auto select the End Date based on the value of Annual Entitlement and Fromdate selection and in that date range system will apply the include Weekly off Holiday rule and Include / Exclude the Week off holidays.
- Once this rules apply on the date selection it will calculate the actual days of Leave Application and on that days system will check the Minimum and Maximum Days in Single leave application rule.
- Hence, when you will get this kind of message then you have you have to check
- Should including Week off’s / Holiday’s Allowed in this.
- If not allowed then on the date selection how many working days are included.
- Based on that what are the rules is configured for Minimum and Maximum days allowed in the single leave application.
B] While applying the leave getting Insufficient Balance Message.
- If you are getting this , first of all you need to check that is there any prefix / Suffix application is available based on the date range selection.
- If any application is available then you need to check that apart from date selection is there any Week off or Holiday which is available Prefix / Suffix to the selected date range is including.
- Hence in this case you need to check all the rules which is used for the including the Week off holidays based on the date selections.
- Refer below Eg:
- Employee : C001 need to apply the Maternity Leave and has the available balance of 182.
- Employee can avail minimum and maximum 182 in single leave application, means any how employee need to take the complete 182 days.
- Include week off and holiday of different leave type and Include Holiday and Week off falling within a single leave application is enabled.
- In this case , System will include the all week off and holiday within the date range selection and as per that it will take complete 182 days.
- Consider start date as 5th Jul ‘2021 and before that 3rd and 4th Jul ‘2021 is week off and on 2nd Jul ‘2021 leave application is available with different leave type.
- Hence on the auto date selection system will calculate 182 days from 5th Jul ‘2021 to 2nd Jan ‘2022, but here sandwich rule is also applicable and based on the
- Allow for deduct leave balances for holidays and week offs falling between leave days for difference leave type ?rule it will also include the week off of 2nd and 3rd Jul , and at then end total days for the application will be 184 days.
- Hence as per the above points you will get the Insufficient message OR message which is mentioned in point
C] Auto End Date not populating
- For this , Annual Entitlement should be define in the LRB (Leave Rule Builder) and Should this Leave Sub Type be treated as Maternity Leave ? should be Yes